Kawasaki Ninja 400
Kawasaki’s small Ninja is now grown up. As anticipated, Kawasaki has supplanted its Ninja 300 with bigger Ninja 400, setting another bar for the sportbike class with a 399cc power engine. After years with the Ninja 250 and more recently Ninja 300, Kawasaki accepted the recent flood from big competitors like Yamaha R3 and KTM RC 390 from the launch of this new 2018 Ninja 400.
Likewise its predecessors ( 250 and 300), the Ninja 400 is fueled by a parallel-Twin motor. To achieve 399cc, the Ninja 400’s motor has a 70.0 mm bore and a 51.8 mm stroke.
Following are some Quick highlights of the all-new Kawasaki Ninja 400, which was unveiled at New York City International Motorcycle Show.
1. Driving the new Ninja is a 399cc parallel twin with a 70mm bore x 51.8mm stroke. The motor, worked from lightweight segments to keep the Ninja 400’s weight a low 362 pounds. It has 11.5:1 compression proportion, and a totally modified cooling framework.
2. At 362 pounds, the new Ninja 400 is almost 20 pounds lighter than the Ninja 300.
3. The supersport comes with a six-speed transmission with a close ratio gear pattern and a slipper clutch. Kawasaki claims a considerably lighter feel at the clutch lever.
4. For better handling, the Ninja 400 has a shorter wheelbase of 53.9 inches, which is almost an inch shorter than the Ninja 300. The aluminium swingarm is considerably longer, which Kawasaki claims to improve handling.
5. The 400 has a bigger 41mm telescopic fork and rear shock that highlights five-way preload adjustability.
Also, Read – Kawasaki Vulcan S 2018 Launch In India
6. For stopping the 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 has a 310mm plate in advance pressed by a two-piston calliper, and a back 220mm disc with a double-piston calliper. ABS is standard across all variants.
7. The five-talked wheels add to the bicycles lightweight and is planned using World Superbike technology. The wheels wear 110/70 and 150/70 17-inch tires.
8. The new Ninja’s ergonomics are aggressive. Kawasaki says the raised handlebar and more forward footpeg position enable the rider to control the bicycle while additionally offering rider comfort.
9. The Ninja 400’s bodywork is totally upgraded, taking signs from its predecessors. The fairings now give more assurance from the components, and the new radiator fan cover, which is situated behind the radiator, coordinates hot let some circulation into to the sides far from the rider, decreasing rider inconvenience.
10. Much the same as the Ninja 300, gas limit stays at 3.7 gallons. Riders can expect around 65 mpg.
11. The seat tallness likewise continues as before as the Ninja 300 at 30.9 inches.
Along with the advanced digital speedometer and gear position indicator, display capacities include odometer, double trek meters, remaining range, present and normal fuel utilization, outer temperature, coolant temperature, clock and the Economical Riding Indicator to demonstrate fuel utilization in view of riding conditions.
13. Last but not the least Prices and launch date. The Expected price of 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 is ₹ 4,00,000 and is expected to be launched in the second half of 2018.
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 Specifications
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke Parallel Twin|
|Bore and Stroke||70.0 x 51.8 mm|
|Valve system||DOHC, 8 valves|
|Horsepower||44.8 hp at 10000 rpm (claimed)|
|Torque||28.0 lb-ft. at 8000 rpm (claimed)|
|Fuel system||Fuel injection: ø32 mm x 2|
|Lubrication||Forced lubrication, wet sump|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc, manual|
|Frame||Trellis, high-tensile steel|
|Front Suspension||ø41 mm telescopic fork with 4.7 inches travel|
|Rear Suspension||Bottom-Link Uni-Trak, gas-charged shock with adjustable preload with 5.5 inches travel|
|Front Tire||110/70R17 M/C 54H|
|Rear Tire||150/60R17 M/C 66H|
|Front Brake||Single semi-floating ø310 mm petal disc with single balanced actuation dual-piston caliper|
|Rear Brake||Single ø220 mm petal disc with dual-piston caliper|
|Trail||92 mm (3.6 inches)|
|Steering angle (left/right)||35°/ 35°|
|Overall length||1,990 mm (78.3 inches)|
|Overall width||710 mm (28.0 inches)|
|Overall height||1,120 mm (44.1 inches)|
|Wheelbase||1,370 mm (53.9 inches)|
|Ground clearance||140 mm (5.5 inches)|
|Seat height||785 mm (30.9 inches)|
|Curb mass||168 kg (370.4 pounds), claimed|
|Fuel capacity||14 liters (3.7 gallons)|
Read More – The Unbiased Review