Meizu just announced the E3, company’s latest smartphone in the ‘E Series’ in China, as it had promised. The device sports a 5.99-inch Full HD+ 18:9 display. It is powered by Snapdragon 636 coupled with 6GB RAM. Sadly, it still runs Android 7.1 (Nougat) with Flyme OS 6.3 on top. It has a 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Dual PD full-pixel focus for 0.026s fast focus along with a 20MP secondary camera, to capture depth information for portrait shots and 2.5x loss-less zoom. Both cameras have Sony sensors and are protected by sapphire glass.
The smartphone has a 7.6mm slim metal unibody design. The right side of the device houses a Super mBack fingerprint sensor that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds and is also customizable to perform several actions with pressure sensor offering comfortable one-handed usage. It packs a 3300mAh battery with mCharge fast charging technology that can charge the phone up to 53% in half-an hour using 20W charger.
Meizu E3 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass LTPS In-Cell display with 83% NTSC Color Gamut
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with Flyme OS 6.3
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 12-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, Sony IMX362 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 20-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX350 sensor, f/2.6 aperture, 2.5x loss-less zoom
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.8 × 75 × 7.6mm;Weight: 160g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging
The Meizu E3 comes in Black, Champagne Gold and Blue color options and is priced at 1799 yuan (US$ 284 / Rs. 18,528 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 128GB storage version costs 1999 yuan(US$ 315 / Rs. 20,585 approx.). It will be available for pre-order from March 26 and goes on sale in China from March 31. This directly competes with the recently-launched Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 in China (aka, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro in india).