After so many leaks, teasers and speculations Xiaomi finally launched the MiTV 4A in India. The launch was anchored by Mr. Sudeep Sahu, the man who was responsible for bringing the flagship MiTV4 in India. At the end of live stream in-around 7 minute and 31 second mark, Xiaomi has teased a smartphone showing of only the side profile.
It is clearly visible that the phone has a camera bump and two lines on the top and the bottom parts of the back, similar to the Redmi Note 5 that was introduced as Redmi 5 Plus in China. The phone is expected to be the Redmi 5, successor of last year’s Redmi 4. The teaser also mentions March 14th launch date for the smartphone. Hope we can expect dedicated SIM card slots and camera on the device.
- • 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits Brightness, 72% NTSC Color Gamut, 1000: 1 Contrast Ratio
- • 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- • 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- • Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- • Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- • 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- • 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- • Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- • Dimensions: 151.8 × 72.8 × 7.7mm; Weight: 157g
- • 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- • 3300mAh battery
The Redmi 5 is expected to come in Black, Light Blue, Gold and Rose Gold colors. It could start at Rs. 6999, same as the launch price of last year’s Redmi 4.