Honda has finally launched the fifth-gen CR-V in India. Priced at Rs 28.15 lakh for the petrol, Rs 30.65 lakh for the diesel with front-wheel-drive and Rs 32.75 lakh for the diesel with all-wheel-drive, the new CR-V looks bold.
Surprisingly, the CR-V has launched in a single, fully loaded variant. And the one and only differentiating factor between the cars is being the engines and that the diesel is a seven-seater while the petrol is a five. The 156 horsepower, 2.0-litre petrol engine has been carried forward from the previous model, but it is now mated to a CVT automatic that powers the front wheels.
The CR-V now comes with the option of a 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel unit that makes 120hp and 300Nm of torque. This motor is coupled to give a 9-speed automatic that sends power to the front wheels, though there is the option of an AWD system that can send up to 40% of the output generated to the rear wheels.
Elements like the 235/60 R18 tyres on 18-inch alloys, six airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, vehicle stability assist, agile handling assist, a driver attention monitor, driver and passenger seatbelt warning, and Isofix child seat mounts are shared by all three engine-gearbox combinations.
Though, there’s are a few minor differences in terms of kit on the petrol and diesel variants.
Here’s a brief summary that you’ll get on the all-new Honda CR-V:
- * Leather upholstery and steering
- * Eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat
- * Height adjustable seat belts
- * 60:40 split folding second row of seats
- * Sliding second row (diesel only)
- * 50:50 split folding third row of seats with recline function (diesel only)
- * Dual-zone climate control
- * Cruise control
- * Auto dimming inside rear view mirror
- * Push button start
- * Automatic wipers, rear wiper and defogger
- * Paddle Shifter (diesel only).
- * Power folding and adjustable wing mirrors
- * Tilt and telescopic steering adjust
- * Rear centre armrest
- * Two rear USB ports
- * 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- * Bluetooth, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity
- * Voice recognition
- * Two USB ports and one HDMI port in the front
- * Automatic LED headlamps
- * LED DRLs, front fog lamps and tail-lamps
- * LED indicators mounted in the wing mirrors
- * Roof rails
- * Rear spoiler
- * Panoramic sunroof
- * Shark fin antenna
- * Chrome garnish on the door, tailgate, beltline and window line